1. Create awareness of what thoughts you have when the feeling of dread comes in. You know when you realize "OMG, it's late Sunday afternoon, that means I'm that much closer to Monday!"
- Is it because you have to get up eary in the morning?
- Is it because you have so much work piled up and you don't know where to start?
- Is it becasue you have to deal with people you don't like?
Whatever the reason, don't make it about Monday. Focus on the thing you're dreading about and find a solution or work around it.
- Sleep early on Sundays. Set an alarm to go to bed on Sundays.
- You have so much work piled up? Make a task list on friday and know exactly what you need to do when you get to work on Monday.
- You don't want to deal with people you don't like? Create a self-care routine on Sunday to clear and calm your mind.
These are only examples and suggestions and feel free to figure out what works best for you. And you might have to tweak it a few times to get the best results, so don't give up if the first thing you try doesn't work. By addressing the issue directly instead of associating the issue with Monday, can help you end your weekend with less anxiety.